Tuesday, May 13, 2008

She was a damned good dancer, but she wasn't all that great of a girlfriend

Today I have my last two finals. I woke up late and rode my bike to school only to arrive right after the instructions were given in my first test. I subsequently fucked up the order and had to redo the whole thing. This all still only took me a half an hour so now I'm killing time before my 11:30 final instead of putting together my portfolio for my assessment class because I forgot the folder. Go me! However, this does mean that after I hand that in tomorrow, I'm done school, which then means it's only a matter of time before we're on tour.



Last night I got these two records that I highly recommend to anyone.


The Hold Steady- Boys and Girls in America- This is some super cool pop-infused music with a really interesting vocal styling and dope lyrics. You're going to get a lot of Springsteen comparisons, but that doesn't do it justice. Go listen for yourselves. Standout tracks- Stuck Between Stations, Chips Ahoy and Citrus.







Dillinger Four- Midwestern Songs of America-
Sort of Poppy Punk with growly vocals that are sort of similar to the kind of shit the dude from Polar Bear Club does with his voice sometimes, but you know, done, what, ten years ago? Solid as shit. just listen. Stand out tracks- Mosh for Jesus and The Great American Going Out of Business Sale


-Soupy

No comments: